This legal statement contains information on the following:
We take payments for Gift vouchers and bookings through our partners Worldpay and Sagepay. We accept Visa, Maestro & Mastercard. We do not accept American Express or Diners cards.
The Welsh Rarebits Collection are committed to complying with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018, once enacted. Looking after the personal information you share with us is very important, and we want you to be confident that your personal data is kept safely and securely and to understand how we use it.
We have published this notice to help you understand:
If we make changes to this notice we will notify you by updating it on our website. The Welsh Rarebits Collection will be what is known as the ‘Data Controller’ of the personal data you provide to us, and we will sometimes refer to ourselves in this notice as “we” or “us”. By Data Controller, this means The Welsh Rarebits Collection determines the purposes and way in which any personal data are, or will be, processed.
Should you need to contact us please write to: The Welsh Rarebits Collection, Tyglyn Aeron, Lampeter, Ceredigion, SA48 8DD or via firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Security and Privacy Enquiry.
What information do we collect and why?
When you buy goods from us, you are entering into a contract with us. When placing an order for gift vouchers for example, we will ask you to provide some personal information such as;
How do we use your information?
We will use personal information about you for a number of purposes, including:
Data Protection says that we are allowed to use and share your personal data only where we have a proper reason to do so. The law says we must have one or more of these reasons and these are:
Who we share your information with and why
Delivery Partners - In order for you to receive your goods, The Welsh Rarebits Collection works with trusted mailing and distribution agencies. Again, we only pass limited information to them in order to ensure delivery of hotel brochures.
IT Companies - We work with businesses and freelancers who support our website and other business systems.
Marketing Companies - We work with marketing companies who help us manage our electronic communications with you or carry out surveys and product reviews on our behalf.
We do not sell or disclose your personal information to other companies without your prior consent. We do not sell mailing lists to third parties. If you do not wish to be contacted by us or receive the members' newsletter, please contact us.
Protection of information
We maintain strict security measures in order to protect personal information. This includes following certain procedures, for example encrypting data on our websites and in order to ensure compliance with all applicable legal requirements.
Keeping in touch with you
We want to keep you up to date with information about our member properties and special offers. We will always ask you if you want to receive this type of marketing information.
We will not share your information with companies outside of The Welsh Rarebits Collection for their marketing purposes.
If you decide you do not want to receive this marketing information you can request that we stop by writing to the address provided above, emailing email@example.com or by calling 01570 470 485, or the unsubscribe link within the email.
You may continue to receive mailings for a short period while your request is dealt with.
If you communicate with us via the Internet then we may occasionally use email to contact you about our services and products. When you first provide personal information to our website we will normally give you the opportunity to indicate whether you would prefer us not to contact you in this way. However, you can always send us an email at any time to change your preferences.
Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored on your computer's hard drive by your browser. These allow us to store your account information and provide features to make your shopping on our website easier. Most browsers allow the cookie function to be turned off. If you want to know how to do this look at the help menu on your browser.
This website may contain links to other websites. Such links are provided solely as a convenience for you. Welsh Rarebits is not responsible for the security practices of such websites.
What are your rights
You are entitled to request the following from The Welsh Rarebits Collection, these are called your Data Subject Rights.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection regulator in Europe, in particular in a country you work or live or where your legal rights have been infringed. The contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the data protection regulator in the UK, are available on the ICO website www.ico.org.uk where your personal information has or is being used in a way that you believe does not comply with data, however, we encourage you to contact us before making any complaint and we will seek to resolve any issues or concerns you may have.
The availability and booking facilities on the www.rarebits.co.uk website are provided by Net Affinity - a third party provider.
Booking terms and conditions
1. Welsh Rarebits acts as a booking agent for the hotel(s) it books.
2. For your security, payments online are made through secure servers.
3. For all advance purchase bookings, Welsh Rarebits will take payment of the total value of the booking to guarantee the reservation. In all cases, once the booking is confirmed, you are subject to the terms and conditions of that hotel’s cancellation policy. To view individual hotel cancellation policy's please go to the chosen hotel's own website, an easy link is provided on the Welsh Rarebits website on each individual hotel page.
4. For all bookings (apart from advance purchase), Welsh Rarebits will ask for your credit/debit card details but NO deposit will be taken. Payment of the total value of the booking will be made at the hotel. In all cases, once the booking is confirmed, you are subject to the terms and conditions of that hotel’s cancellation policy.
5. Hotel cancellation policies may outline a period before check-in when cancellations will be subject to payment of a penalty. This period does not include the day of arrival – so, for example, a cancellation policy of ‘24 hours’ means a reservation must be cancelled at least 24 hours before midnight on the day before arrival to avoid the penalty.
6. Where an offer of availability is made, the rooms are not held until the client accepts. We therefore advise clients to accept the offer as soon as possible after receipt in order to make a firm booking. You will be notified by email within 24 hours whether your booking has been successful. It is your responsibility to contact Welsh Rarebits if a confirmation email has not been received.
7. Welsh Rarebits cannot be held liable for errors or omissions in bookings made by the hotel.
8. We do our utmost to ensure all Welsh Rarebit hotel information is accurate, however hotel facilities may change at any time and any opinions expressed are subjective.
9. Any advance deposits, additional fees or charges will always be clearly marked before you confirm your booking. Once paid, these additional charges are non-refundable.
10. Bookings for Welsh Rarebits exclusive hotel offers or promotions are subject to the terms and conditions set by the hotel for its particular offer. All offers are on request and subject to availability. Some hotels will require a deposit or full prepayment on booking, which may be non-refundable in case of cancellation. Any special terms will be stated on the booking and included in your confirmation. Hotel offers and promotions (and any applicable terms and conditions) are frequently added or amended, and will therefore only apply to completely new bookings. Reservations made before the start of the offer or promotion cannot be cancelled and rebooked at the lower rate. Please note that the normal Welsh Rarebits membership card offer may not always be applicable when booking a Welsh Rarebits exclusive hotel offer or promotion. If it does apply it will be stated in the text of the offer.
Please read these conditions carefully. By purchasing an item via the www.rarebits.co.uk web site, you signify your agreement to be bound by these conditions.
We will do our utmost to ensure that availability of the website will be uninterrupted and that transmissions will be error-free. However, due to the nature of the Internet, this cannot be guaranteed. Also, your access to the website may also be occasionally suspended or restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance, or the introduction of new facilities or services. We will attempt to limit the frequency and duration of any such suspension or restriction.
This website or any portion of this website may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without our express written consent.
This section deals with conditions relating to the sale of products by Welsh Rarebits to you.
When you place an order to purchase a product from Welsh Rarebits, we will send you an e-mail confirming receipt of your order and containing the details of your order. Your order represents an offer to us to purchase a product which is accepted by us.
Delivery charges, gift wrapping & other services
If you are returning an item because of an error on our part or because it is defective, we are not able to refund the delivery charges incurred in sending the item to you and your costs in returning it to us. Where you are withdrawing from your purchase within the seven working days cooling-off period, we will also refund the normal postage charge for the delivery of that item but we cannot refund any priority, express or courier component of the postage charge. You will be responsible for those charges and the costs of any other services provided to you in connection with your purchase, for example gift wrapping.
Please review our returns policy, which applies to products purchased from us. You are entitled to a statutory cooling-off period of seven business days. This applies to items purchased from Welsh Rarebits. Specific rules apply regarding refunds of delivery charges, giftwrapping and other services. See below
This returns policy does not affect your statutory rights.
How to return an item
Please follow the steps below to enable us to process your refund efficiently:
• Fill out your details on the back of the delivery slip, giving the reason for the return. Please include your order number
• If you do not have the original delivery slip, please send us a note detailing the reason for return. This note MUST include your order number, which you will be able to find in the confirmation email sent to you directly after purchase.
• In the case of a faulty product, please provide a full description of the fault in the space provided on the delivery slip
• Wrap the item securely in its original packaging (if any)
• Then send the package to the address below:
We will notify you via e-mail when we have processed your refund. For your protection we recommend that you use a recorded-delivery service.
Membership can be obtained either by purchasing online only membership or by registering the card that comes with every guidebook or occasionally may be offered on a complimentary basis by Welsh Rarebits.
Welsh Rarebits members are eligible for several types of offers and will only be entitled to these offers if booked through the Welsh Rarebits website. Hotel offers, such as free nights, reduced rates, or other special deals are available for limited periods and must be booked through the Welsh Rarebits website. Please note that the Welsh Rarebits card offers may not be available in conjunction with Hotel offers – see the individual offer for details. Any hotel participating in an offer to Welsh Rarebits members must agree to honour the offer (subject to availability).
Registered Welsh Rarebits members receive a regular newsletters, which includes updated offers and competitions. Your email address is not sold to or shared with third parties for marketing purposes but we may invite other companies to participate on our newsletter. If you wish to unsubscribe, please contact us.
To contact us follow the hyperlink or write to:
Alteration of service or amendments to the conditions
We reserve the right to make changes to our website, policies, and these conditions of purchase at any time. You will be subject to the policies and conditions of conditions of purchase in force at the time that you order goods from us, unless any change to those policies or these conditions is required to be made by law or government authority (in which case it will apply to orders previously placed by you). If any of these conditions is deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that condition will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining condition.
Events beyond our reasonable control
We will not be held responsible for any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these conditions if the delay or failure arises from any cause which is beyond our reasonable control. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
All non-promotional vouchers/gift cards are purchased at their full face value in order to be valid.
Welsh Rarebits reserves the right to refuse redemption of vouchers if they believe that the vouchers have been obtained by fraudulent means.Gift Vouchers are subject to verification at time of presentation and each individual property reserves the right not to accept any vouchers that have or appear to have been forged, damaged, defaced or otherwise tampered with.
1. Welsh Rarebits gift vouchers MUST be presented at time of arrival at the property to enable the property to validate the voucher. The property reserves the right to refuse the voucher if presented at any other time.
2. Welsh Rarebits gift vouchers have an expiry date of 12 months from the date of voucher issue. This date is shown on the individual voucher. Under NO circumstances can the voucher be extended beyond the date stated. No refund will be given in the event of non-redemption during the 12 month validity period.
3. Welsh Rarebits gift vouchers can only be redeemed for accommodation and food at Welsh Rarebits properties that have a current Welsh Rarebits membership at the time of redemption. Welsh Rarebits gift vouchers CANNOT be used at any Great Little Places or Rare Hideaways properties.
4. Change is not given on purchases which cost less than the value of the gift voucher presented.
5. Gift vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash.
6. Welsh Rarebits reserves the right to decline to accept vouchers/gift cards where, in its opinion, a voucher/gift card is invalid for the booking being made.
7. No responsibility will be accepted for lost, stolen or damaged gift vouchers and such vouchers shall not be refunded. To deface a voucher will render it invalid.
A promotional voucher is an entitlement to a discount (up to the amount stated) off a qualifying booking for a promotional period.
1. Promotional vouchers cannot be used for bookings made directly with our hotels.
2. Vouchers have a cash value of £0.001 and are not transferable or assignable and cannot be sold at auction.
3. Each voucher can only be used once.
4. Only one voucher can be used per booking.
5. Only one voucher can be redeemed per household.
6. When using a voucher, the full balance of the booking is payable at the time the order is placed.
7. Vouchers cannot be used with any other promotion or offer.
8. Vouchers are redeemable only against accommodation costs. They may not be redeemed against incidental hotel costs or additional services.
9. Welsh Rarebits reserves the right to refuse redemption of vouchers if they believe that they are being used by someone other than the intended recipient.
10. Welsh Rarebits reserves the right to decline to accept vouchers where, in its opinion, a voucher is invalid for the booking being made.
11. Welsh Rarebits reserves the right to cancel a promotion at anytime.
12. Welsh Rarebits shall not be liable to any customer for any financial loss arising out of the refusal, cancellation or withdrawal of a promotional voucher or any failure or inability of a customer to use a promotional voucher for any reason.
13. We have the right to change these terms and conditions at any time.
To contact us, click here
Rare Hospitality Ltd is the publishing company behind Welsh Rarebits.